Acid Survivors Foundation
Acid Survivors Foundation (ASF) is a centre of excellence with a vision of Bangladesh free from acid violence, where burn victims, especially women and children, live with dignity.
It is an independent, non-government, non-profit organization, set up as a Trust and registered with the NGO Affairs Bureau of the Government of Bangladesh. It is the only specialized NGO in Bangladesh working to prevent acid and burn violence; empower survivors, especially women and children; and campaign for prevention and elimination of this violence. ASF works with an integrated approach, using a holistic (bio-psycho-social) multi-disciplinary approach backed by research, experience and evidence.
ASF is looking for a qualified candidate for the following position.
No. of Vacancy: 01
To provide psychological support to all admitted patients of ASF, survivors and other organizations, Acid Survivors Foundation needs a full time Psychologist.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide psychological support to resolve issues such as depression, addiction, anxiety, phobia, PTSD and obsession and other psychological and social distress etc.;
- Provide technical support to develop guidelines for sessions for Men and Boys;
- Closely follow-up and monitoring of the client’s/ survivor’s progress and keeping record of behavioral development;
- Provide individual/ group counseling/ therapy; arrange art, music, and relaxation sessions for the survivors/patients of ASF hospital and other govt. institutes (field level and other sadar hospitals);
- Helping survivors to adjust and manage the negative effects associated with certain violence/ traumatic experience;
- Coordinate / oversee the relevant activities and training of other psychologists, peer counselors and care givers to ensure that they maintain the counseling and psychotherapy standards;
- Prepare monthly report and successful case study;
- Attend morning sadar hospital round session along with other multidisciplinary professionals;
- Keep patient’s records updated and prepare monthly progress report;
- Ensure that the ASF MIS is updated in relevant fields;
- Need to develop case stories based on learned lesson and challenges;
- Based in Dhaka but necessary field visit will be required.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
Necessary Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Language proficiency both Bangla and in English is essential.
- Flexibility and strong commitment to the job
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Networking and negotiation skills,
- Gender sensitive and Values oriented
- Remarkable patient benefits and successful outcomes;
- Time management;
- Hard working and committed to meet targets
- Integrity, transparency, proactive stance and team building capacity
Location: Based in Dhaka and will be required for field visit.
The candidate should have minimum Masters in Clinical Psychology/ Psychology discipline from any reputed
Experience Requirements: Minimum 02 years of work experience in the relevant field.
Age: Age should not exceed 40 years.
Job Nature: Full time Contractual
Monthly gross salary range: 25,000 to 33,250 BDT
Other benefits: Festival bonus, Mobile Allowance, Insurance and others benefits as per Human Resource Policy Manual of the organization.
- A signed application addressing to the Executive Director of the organization
- A CV with recent photograph
Address for Hard Copy Submission:
Acid Survivors Foundation
House # 39, Road # 12, Block-Kha, Pisciculture Housing Society,
Adabor (Shakhertek), Dhaka-1207
Soft copy or Email Submission:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing, Executive Director, Acid Survivors Foundation mentioning the post applied for in the subject line.
Please mention the post applied for on the top of the envelop
Application deadline: September 23, 2021
ASF is an equal opportunity employer – Be a proud member of ASF
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply