The following Privacy Notice for Acid Survivors Foundation (ASF) is to demonstrate respect for your privacy preferences and to disclose our information collection and sharing practices.
Acid Survivors Foundation is involved in a fair process of data collection of Personal Information. Each time you use our Site, the most current version of the Privacy Notice will apply and is applicable to all Site visitors, registered users, and all other users of our Site.
“Personal Information” is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to any identifiers such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
By visiting www.acidsurvivors.org (the “Site”), you acknowledge that you have read and understood the processes and policies referred to in this Privacy Notice and consent to our data collection, use, sharing and processing practices as set forth in this Privacy Notice.
Personal Information we Collect:
Depending on the type of communication or transaction, the following Personal Information may be collected:
- date of birth
- postal address
- telephone numbers
- organization name
- email address
- credit card, bank information or billing information
Non-Personal Information – We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser and we may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Site.
We may also collect and process information about your interactions with us, including details about our contacts with you through email, SMS, on the phone or in person (i.e. the date, time, and method of contact), details about donations you make to us, events or activities that you register for or attend and any other support you provide to us.
Using your Personal Information:
We will only process your Personal Information including sharing it with third parties, where (1) you have provided your consent which can be withdrawn at any time, (2) the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, (3) we are required by law, (4) processing is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
We will use this Personal Information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from your membership or sponsorship, or any other contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and membership services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about our work or our activities;
- To fundraise in accordance with our internal policies and procedures;
- To organize events that you have registered for, and to provide you with information, and other materials, relating to the content of the event, the speakers, sponsors and other attendees;
- To provide our newsletters and/or publications, provided you have given your consent;
- To respond to your questions and provide related services;
- To respond to applications for employment;
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively for you and your electronic devices;
- Where we are required by law to disclose or otherwise use your information.
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- If you make a donation, we will use this Personal Information to create an account for you where you can securely access your donation history;
- To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
- To keep our Site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
All online transactions are done on a secure server. This means that information entered on the transaction page is encrypted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) before transmission.
Sharing Your Personal Information:
We may share your personal information for the following purposes:
- With a member of our group
- With partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors
- Credit Card Transactions, Electronic Fund Transfers, Payments by Check or Money Order and Online Financial Transactions. Acid Survivors Foundation hires third parties to provide credit card, bank, payment and information processing services and order fulfillment services. If you choose to make an application for employment, make a donation online, by phone, through the mail or by other means, we will share your personal information with our processing service providers.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site
- Trusted third-party companies and individuals
By using our Site, our social media pages (such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram), subscribing to our services, donating to us, you agree we can place the types of cookies set out below on your device.
You do not have to accept our cookies and can block them by opting out via the banner at the top of our site that allows you to refuse all or some cookies. You may also delete them after they have been placed on your hard drive. If you do not accept or delete our cookies, some areas of the Site that you access may take more time to work, or may not function properly.
If any of the information we have about you is incorrect, or you wish to have information (including Personal Information) removed from our records, please contact us via the email address provided on our Site.