Terms & Conditions Page
Acid Survivors Foundation’s website, our materials, electronic content and/or services have several functionalities. Our website’s program descriptions explain how we help our beneficiaries in Bangladesh. We encourage you to read the entire policy as it sets forth for your understanding while you visit our website. These terms and conditions have been developed for your protection, as well as maintaining our organisation’s integrity.
ASF is registered with Bangladesh’s NGO Affairs Bureau as a charitable organisation. Your use of the ASF name and logo and/or links bearing the name and logo acknowledge ASF’s exclusive ownership of the name and/or right to use the logo. All use of or goodwill associated with the name, logo, our materials, electronic content and/or services are to benefit ASF or its licensors.
- LINKING TO THE ACID SURVIVORS FOUNDATION WEBSITE AND USE OF WEBSITE MATERIALS, NAME AND LOGO, AND TECHNOLOGY
Acid Survivors Foundation appreciates informational and educational uses of the Acid Survivors Foundation website, our materials, electronic contents and/or services, including our name and logo. However, there are limits on the uses, including the use of the name and logo and the links bearing the name and/or logo.
- a) Use of the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo may not indicate or create an impression that Acid Survivors Foundation endorses, approves, sponsors or is affiliated with organisation.
- b) Your use of the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo may not indicate or create an impression that Acid Survivors Foundation will benefit from the sale of any good or service.
- c) Links bearing the name and logo may only be used for the purpose of linking to the Acid Survivors Foundation website as designated within the link.
- d) The links bearing the name and logo will always be active links.
- e) The name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not be combined with any other graphic elements; nor may they be altered in any manner including size, proportions, font, design, arrangement, colors or elements; nor may they be animated, morphed or otherwise distorted in perspective or appearance.
- f) The name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not appear more prominently than your personal, company, product or service website name.
- g) You will not transfer, assign, sell, reproduce, distribute or otherwise exploit the name and logo or your link to us.
- h) The Acid Survivors Foundation name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not appear on any pages of any websites that include content or advertising for alcoholic beverages, tobacco, pornography, religious material, partisan material, political material or firearms.
- i) Appropriate action by Acid Survivors Foundation may include, but is not limited to, the revocation of the right to use the name and logo and/or any links bearing the name and logo, in which event you agree to remove the name and logo and/or the links bearing the name and logo within two business days of notice of revocation.
It is improper, and may be a violation of law, for you to post or download and distribute any material that you do not own or for which you do not have permission to use. PLEASE BE AWARE: violation of someone’s copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights may subject you to civil and/or criminal penalties.
- INAPPROPRIATE USE OF ACID SURVIVORS FOUNDATION MATERIALS, ELECTRONIC CONTENTS AND SERVICES AND/OR TECHNOLOGY
It is inappropriate to use Acid Survivors Foundation website, our materials, including the Acid Survivors Foundation name and logo, electronic contents and/or services for illegal, inappropriate, or obscene purposes, or in support of such activities.
We define these terms as follows:
“Illegal activities” are those that violate laws, regulations and/or private agreements, including federal or state laws governing charitable activities, copyright laws, trademark laws, license agreements or other intellectual property rights.
Listed below are some, but not all, prohibited activities that may result in action by Acid Survivors Foundation:
- a) Posting, transmitting, or facilitating in the promotion of illegal content through our website or electronic contents and services.
- b) Using our website, our material, electronic contents and/or services to harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another visitor or third party that is unwanted.
- c) Transmitting or facilitating distribution of content that is untrue, threatening, harassing, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, obscene, defamatory, or objectionable.
- d) Using the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo on websites which Acid Survivors Foundation finds, in its sole discretion, to be objectionable or which includes obscene, violent, intolerant, tasteless, denigrating or sexually oriented content or materials.
- e) Pretending to be anyone whom you are not. You may not impersonate Acid Survivors Foundation staff, or anyone else.
- f) Attempting to get a password, other account information, or other private information from others, or harvest e-mail addresses or other information.
- g) Posting any unsolicited content or designs, including advertising and promotional materials, at our website.
- a) Acid Survivors Foundation reserves the right to make any change to the information and/or license provided herein at any time for any reason. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for keeping up with any such changes.
- b) Bangladesh laws shall govern this agreement.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND YOU ASSUME ALL RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS AVAILABLE,” “AS IS” BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ACID SURVIVORS FOUNDATION AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUALITY OF INFORMATION, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ACID SURVIVORS FOUNDATION DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ACID SURVIVORS FOUNDATION IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD-PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ACID SURVIVORS FOUNDATION OR ITS SUPPLIERS/LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE), WHICH INCLUDE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA AND BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, EVEN IF ACID SURVIVORS FOUNDATION HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY CASE, THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF ACID SURVIVORS FOUNDATION AND ITS SUPPLIERS/LICENSORS UNDER THESE TERMS OF SERVICE FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE) IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESS TO THE SITE.
- OTHER DISCLAIMERS
- The Site and the information contained herein is provided for informational and educational purposes only, and could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
- Information on the Site is provided with the understanding that Acid Survivors Foundation is not rendering professional advice or recommendations. You should not rely on any information on these pages to replace consultations with qualified professionals to meet your individual needs.
- All questions about the Acid Survivors Foundation in your country should be directed to the local Acid Survivors Foundation member organization in your country.
House # 39, Road # 12, Block # Kha,
Pisciculture Housing Society, Adabor,
Dhaka - 1207, Bangladesh.