Acid Survivors Foundation has a twenty bedded specialized burn care hospital to run this hospital smoothly we need a dedicated and potential Medical Officer.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out initial assessment of all patients brought to ASF attention & resuscitate them according to their condition.
- Ensure that all ASF registered patients are getting appropriate treatment as required individually.
- Ensuring proper diet and dressing for the patient.
- Consulting with respective consultant surgeons regularly & follow up of patient.
- Ensure comprehensive services for the patients.
- Prompt management of any emergencies when arises.
- Select and prepare patient for operation.
- Making operation plan for patient, coordinate and arrange surgery accordingly.
- Assist the consultant surgeons during surgeries.
- Provide pre and postoperative care to patients with regular follow up.
- Ensure screening of old patients & perform reconstructive surgeries as required.
- Maintain & update of all medical records for individual patient including surgery notes and anesthetic records.
- Ensure photo documentation & record keeping of proper photography of individual patients.
- Prepare Case Study for medical purpose.
- Regular update of patient’s records in MIS is mandatory.
- Supervise regular update of medicine stock & submission of requisition to get approval from Medical Manager for procurement of medicines, instruments and other accessories of Jibon Tara Hospital.
- Regular keep informing the supervisor about medicine, instruments & clinical progress of patients.
- Supervise physiotherapists & patient’s progress accordingly.
- Coordinate with Social Workers, Counselors, and Psychotherapists & Physiotherapists during patient’s discharge planning.
- Coordinating with consultants & doctors of DMCH and other hospitals to facilitate the treatment.
- Attend foreign and local visitors.
- Assist the Medical Manager to improve medical services to the patients.
- Issuing Medical Certificates to the patients.
- Appear court witness frequently in different districts of Bangladesh.
- Field visit when necessary.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Necessary Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Language proficiency in English is essential.
- Flexibility and strong commitment to the following field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Networking and negotiation skills.
- Gender-sensitive and Values oriented.
- Hard-working and committed to meet targets.
- Integrity, transparency, proactive stance and team-building capacity.
Location: Based in Dhaka and will be required for field visits.
Educational Qualification: The candidate should have a minimum M.B.B.S degree and should be registered to Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC).
Experience Requirements: Minimum 02 years of work experience in the relevant field.
Age: Age should not exceed 40 years.
Job Nature: Full-time Contractual
Salary: Monthly gross salary BDT 33,000 consolidated
Other Benefits: Weekly 2 holidays, Festival bonus, Mobile Allowance as per the Human Resource Policy Manual of the organization.
Workdays and work hours: 5 days a week from Sunday- Thursday. Office Time is 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- A signed application addressed to the Executive Director of the organization
- A CV with a recent photograph
Address for Hard Copy Submission:
Acid Survivors Foundation
House # 39, Road #12, Block-Kha, Pisciculture Housing Society, Shekhertek, Mohammadpur, Dhaka-1207
Soft copy or Email Submission:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
Addressing this, the Executive Director of the Acid Survivors Foundation mentions the post applied for in the subject line.
Please mention the post applied for on the top of the envelope
The application deadline is on or before 19 August 2023
ASF is an equal opportunity employer–Be a proud member of ASF
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply